OLLIE stands for


I’m thinking about suicide

I’m thinking about suicide

If you have already taken steps to end your life, or your suicidal thoughts are overwhelming you right now, you need emergency help to keep you safe from suicide. Please call 999 for an ambulance or go straight to A&E. Alternatively you can ask someone else to call 999 or take you to A&E. If you haven’t taken steps to end your own life but believe you will if you don’t receive support soon you can call NHS 111 who will advise you on what support is available to you such as out of hours doctors or walk-in centres. You could also call Papyrus on 0800 068 4141 or text SHOUT to 85258.

You may also be able to visit a crisis house. Crisis houses are used as an alternative to going into hospital, for example if you don't feel safe at home overnight, or things at home are contributing to you being in crisis. Visit Mind’s website to find a crisis house near you. If you live in Hertfordshire, you can use the NightLight service which is a countywide out of hours mental health crisis service providing a safe and welcoming space for people who are feeling distressed and experiencing a crisis.