Upcoming Training Dates:
Sorry, there are no FLASH Training Dates at present
Overview of this Training Course
FLASH Workshops are for parents, relatives and carers of young people AGED 11-17 who are exhibiting signs of self-harm (including, cutting, branding, hair pulling, self-poisoning, ingestion of non-food items and risk-taking behaviour).
FLASH Courses provide the opportunity to discuss the problem of self- harm with professionals and other parents and carers. In doing so, you will learn more about the issues involved and learn how to better manage concerns you may have at home.
The course covers:
- Exploring what self-harm is and what the risks are
- Listening skills
- How to build self-esteem skills
- Managing self-harm within the family environment
- The impact of self-harm on parenting
- Managing stressful circumstances
- Coping strategies for parents and carers