Overview of this Training Course
This 90 mins session aims to leave delegates confident to support others experiencing an emotional crisis where suicidal ideation may be present. This is a great refresher for anyone who has already completed training in suicide prevention and provides a comprehensive starting point for those who have not.
- explore how to maintain their boundaries whilst effectively supporting someone in crisis.
- learn how to create a 'safe-plan' with someone they are concerned about (colleague, student, client or patient) with clear guidance on appropriate/inappropriate language.
- the myths and facts surrounding suicide.
- a range of signs that someone may be at risk.
- what gets in the way of people asking for help and what gets in the way of offering help.
- how to talk about suicide calmly and directly with someone you are worried about.
- how to provide practical help by creating a safe plan or crisis plan.
- how CBT and TOC (Theory of Constraints) can be used to provide support in an emotional crisis where suicidal ideation exists.